II. Information collection and use
We collect several different types of information that you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you use our Service (such as through forms or profile screens) including registration/account setup information, and that we are able to collect from your web browser, cookies and other similar technologies.
The types of data collected includes:
A. Personal Data
While using our Service, from time to time, we will ask you to provide us with certain Personal Data. You can choose not to provide us with the Personal Data, but then you are prohibited from using the Service or other available features we offer. Personal Data that we collect includes:
- Email address;
- First name and last name;
- Phone number;
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City;
- Date of birth
- Education information;
- Self-reported income and employment information, including but not limited to current place of employment and salary; and
- Personal information made available through Usage Data, Location Data, or cookies (as defined below).
B. Usage Data
We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser, browser plug-in details, operating system, screen size, referring site, and language preferences (“Usage Data”). Usage Data includes cookies and information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
C. Location Data
We use and store information about your location including local time zone if you enable us to do so (“Location Data”). You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
D. Tracking & Cookies Data
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Refer also to the Cookies Policy, available here: ( Cookies Policy), which is incorporated herein by reference.
III. Use of data
Merit America uses the collected data for various purposes, including to:
- Provide and maintain our Service;
- Notify you about changes to our Service;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- Provide customer support;
- Gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- Monitor the usage of our Service;
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- Provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- Contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us;
- Comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements; and
- Disclose your data in accordance with Section VII (Disclosure of Data).
IV. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you reside in the United States, and therefore your use of the Service and any use by us of your Personal Data is not subject to the GDPR.
V. Retention of data
We will retain your Personal Data only for as long as your account is active, or as needed to provide you with our Service. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies. We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Subject to the foregoing, if you wish to terminate your account or request that we no longer use your Personal Data, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to terminate your account according to the terms in Section XII of the Terms and Conditions.
VI. Transfer of data
VII. Disclosure of data for a business or commercial purpose
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and provision of the Service, including for the purpose of marketing and analysis;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Merit America about our users is among the assets transferred;
- For disclosure for law enforcement or to comply with legal requirements as detailed below;
- For auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- For detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- For debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- For performing services on behalf of the business or service provider, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider;
- For undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- For undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business;
- To advance commercial or economic interests, such as by inducing another person to buy, rent, lease, join, subscribe to, provide, or exchange products, goods, property, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction;
- For resolving disputes between users and/or a user and Merit America;
- To prevent fraud or deliver other location-based services that a user may request;
- For administering promotions;
- For advertising and marketing the company’s products and services and those of business partners such as presenting targeted advertising, analyzing the effectiveness of advertisements and promotions, and helping determine interest in new products or services;
- For conducting surveys, research and audits;
- For receiving feedback;
- To import contacts;
- For recruiting;
- For providing information to potential employers;
- For providing information to third parties who sponsor your attendance;
- For providing information to suppliers and business partners;
- For providing information to representatives and advisors pursuant to support in complying with legal, accounting and/or other requirements;
- To transfer information outside the U.S. as part of a transaction;
- For protecting the rights, safety and information of users or the company, including fraud prevention, product recalls, etc.; and/or
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
A. Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
B. Legal Requirements
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend our rights or property;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public; and/or
- To protect against legal liability.
VIII. Selling of personal data
We will not sell your Personal Data to third parties for their use without your consent.
IX. Security of data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
X. Policy on “do not track” signals under the California Online Protection Act (CALOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). DNT is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. Your navigation of our Service may be tracked as part of the gathering of quantitative user information. If you arrive at our Service by way of a link from a third party site that does respond to DNT requests, the recognition of any DNT request you have initiated will end as soon as you reach our Service.
XI. Service providers
XII. Links to other sites
XIII. Children’s privacy
Our Service is not intended or directed at anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that Personal Data from children has been collected through our Service without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to delete this information.
XV. Contact us
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective date: November 21, 2019
I. What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- To enable certain functions of the Service,
- To provide analytics,
- To store your preferences.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Accounts-related cookies. We may use accounts-related cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. We may use these cookies to remember information that changes the way the Service behaves or looks, such as the “remember me” functionality.
- Analytics cookies. We may use analytics cookies to track information how the Service is used so that we can make improvements. We may also use analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Service to see how our users react to them.
III. Third-party cookies
IV. What are your choices regarding cookies
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: <https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050>
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835>
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored>
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: <https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US>
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
V. Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: <http://www.allaboutcookies.org/>
- Network Advertising Initiative: <http://www.networkadvertising.org/>